The Bursted Bubble Leaves A Trail Of Hope

1 Comments »
Couple of weeks ago I came to a realization of the situation I'm in. I go to college. I'm not living at home. I am completely immersed in the college-life/dorming-experience/whatever-you-call-it. At first thought, it really isn't a big deal, but it really is. College life is not life in the real world. In the real world people work at jobs, feed families, and deal with real world problems. In college students studies. That's really about it. At least it is what me, as a student, is SUPPOSED to do. Can't say I exactly perform to the best of my abilities when it comes to studying...

Anyways, that was just something I realized. I chewed on the principle for awhile, but was unable to digest it. I had one of those moments which I made a claim, but was unable to prove it. Not until this past weekend. I had the fortunate chance to hang out with my one friend who is a prospective auto mechanic. In order to graduate, he needs a certain amount of intern hours at a mechanic's shop. Unfortunately the economic state the country is in is not allowing that. He had gone from looking for a car shop to looking any job he can get. Going solo thru college is hard.

After hearing his story that night, my bubble popped. I was in a very good college, getting an education with all my tuition paid for. I was pretty much economy-proof. After hearing my friend's story though, I cannot help but to feel extremely broken. How can I be foolish enough to think the world is utopic when it's full of sin and sorrow? How long have I been taking this ignorant view on life? I felt so narrow-minded. A soldier from a defeated faction scolded for incompetence. At this point something funny happened. I recalled a phrase that I repeat to myself often:

God is good.

How can this be so? My friend is going thru such hard time and I've been living like a fool. God is always good, but it's been hard to figure out how he fits into this situation. Maybe He's breaking us down so we can take the next step towards Him. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Just because I don't see it now doesn't mean it's not there, right?

1 Response to "The Bursted Bubble Leaves A Trail Of Hope"

......Jared Says :
March 16, 2009 at 11:43 AM

man good thoughts brother, God is good. and praise him for not changing, he is always good, which is why we can have hope that his goodness will shine through soon enough, even if we dont see it clearly now. i can relate.

Post a Comment